Sell your own Resources:
Sign up to sell today -
It's easy and FREE!
15 Olympics Math and Literacy Activities
Average rating: (0 votes)
- Resource Details
|Subject Area:||Literacy > Spelling|
|Grade Level(s):||Second, Third|
|File Format:||PDF (?)|
Over 100 pages of Olympic themed activities! I made up some of the task card type activities to get my Year 2 students familiar with NAPLAN style questions (e.g. identify the spelling mistake, spell the underlined word correctly etc).
1. 36 Olympics Word Wall cards (pages 4-15).
2. “Olympic Games” Making Words activity – pocket chart letter cards and individual student letter tiles and recording sheet (pages 16-19).
3. Spelling Success – spell the underlined word on each card correctly (pages 20-24).
4. Super Spelling – identify and then spell the incorrect word on each card(pages 25-29).
5. Can You Punctuate It? – Rewrite the sentences with correct punctuation (pages 30-36).
6. Which Sentence is Correct? – Slides for a whole class lesson to identify the sentence with the correct punctuation with use of fingerprint cards(pages 37-57).
7. Champion Models – Part-Part-Whole Models to solve and write the number sentence (pages 58-63).
8. Use the Champion Model cards to write a matching addition and/or subtraction storyand the number sentence (page 64).
9. Olympics Calendar – With questions (pages 65-67).
10. Olympics Data Booklet – Double sided booklet to ask a question, collect data with tally marks, create a graph and write about findings (pages 68-72).
11. The Breakfast of Champions – Using breakfast spinners, predicting, recording tallies (pages 73-79).
12-13. Sporting Champs More and Less – 2 versions for easy differentiation (pages 80-94)
a: 1 more/less, 10 more/less
b: 1 more/less, 10 more/less, 100 more/less
14. Use the cards from Sporting Champs More and Less and place in ascending and descending order – 2 recording sheets (pages 95-96).
15. The Lengths We’ll Go To.... For Gold – measuring the length of ribbon or yarn attached to gold medals (pages 97-103).
For more ideas and freebies you can check out my blog
Down Under Teacher
Share this resource using the links below:
Average rating: (0 votes cast)
Recently purchased this item? Submit your own rating.